Thursday, April 06, 2006

Colonel Mustard - with the candlestick - in the Conservatory

Last night was Clue night with my sister Martine and my friend Catherine. The 3 of us have been having these little drink fests soirées for a couple of years now and they always turn out to be lots of fun!

This is how last night's Clue night unraveled...

Catherine (Mrs.Scarlett) picks me (Mr. Green) up around dinner time. When we get to Martine's (Mrs. White) we already have Caesars waiting for us - on a side note, we had a little too many last night...

Anyways, we usually order out either from Gabriel's Pizza or from St-Hubert. And last night's award goes to...St-Hubert! (FYI- Mrs. White and Mrs.Scarlett had the chicken fingers and Mr. Green had the club sandwich). So we devoured our dinner while chatting and laughing away, all anxious to start "THE" game. After eating our dinner and Mrs. Scarlet's delicious dessert, it was time! We whipped out the board game, placed our little 'pitons' in their appropriate spot, put the 3 secret cards in the envelope, and we were off! GAME ON! (wow, I really sound like a loser don't I?)

The game usually starts off quite smoothly. We ask so and so if she has this or that, but as the game progressed so did our competitive edge (well maybe just mine)! Anywho, who cares, the point is that as we drank more Caesars, our attention span and memory diminished quite considerably. No one remembered who asked what to whom. It was a bloody mess!

Mrs. White constantly accused me of cheating - but we all know she is just jealous that I have a raw talent for Clue - and made all the figurines hump each other, and if I remember correctly, the lead pipe was somewhat involved in these despicable acts. Mrs. Scarlet kept writing notes on her little paper EVERY time someone would answer someone else's questions, and she would purposely avoid going into rooms that she already had. Making it waaaaay obvious when she would ignore the room that was 2 spaces away and would instead, roll the dice and land in no man's land - NO where close to a room. Not too slick!! Only a Clue pro such as me noticed this though...

So as these events went on, all I could do was laugh, laugh because they had NO idea. No clue(no pun intended) that I was playing their little game all along, and then WHA BAM! Out of the blue I guessed who killed who, where, and with what weapon. Didn't see THAT coming did you ladies?

So, who dares to challenge me at the next Clue night?

Mr.Green, Clue Champion - out

No comments: