Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bound to happen...

I really love the 3-pack PJs for babies at Walmart. You get 3 PJs for 7,98$. What a bargain! Unfortunately they are made very small, Gabrièle is 4 months old and she wears 6-9 months and they are getting a little snug on her. So, I need 9-12 months. I went to the Walmart in Orléans and they no longer carry them...of course! So I decided to go to the one at South Keys this morning, surely they would have some there.

On my way there, I got a freggin' speeding ticket!** The police officer scared the shit out of me as he literally jumped in front of my car (while I was slightly going over the limit) signaling me to pull over. All I could think to myself was...it was bound to happen.

I'll admit, I have a small speeding problem, ok, I have a huge speeding problem. Let's just say that the black and white signs that say XX km/h MAX do not exist in my world. And for the last 10 years, they did not need to exist as I had never gotten a speeding ticket. I got a few warnings for rolling stops and slight speeding, but I NEVER actually got a ticket...until today.

So I pull over, hand over my license and registration to the police officer, who was quite hot by the way, and waited for him to come back with my pricey ticket. I was going 110 in a 80 zone. He finally came back and handed me my ticket, luckily he brought it down to 15 over the limit and did not take any demerit points off. So instead of paying 180$, I have to pay 57.50$. Not bad, not bad, I can live with that. But what really frazzled me were his last words : " Maam, you shouldn't be driving that fast, ESPECIALLY with a baby in the car." And then he gave me THE look...man did I feel like an ass. And I should, because he is right. I really do try to go easy on the gas pedal, but sometimes I just can't. I really wanted those PJs I guess.

So after all this BS, I got to Walmart and saw the PJs from a distance. I got all excited and bolted towards the rack. I frantically started sorting through the sizes and to my horror, they didn't have ANY 9-12 months. They must of had 30 frikkin' packs...unbelievable!

No PJs, a 57,50$ speeding ticket, a policeman making me feel like an unfit mother, and my dog ate my slippers. Can't wait for this day to be O-V-E-R.

Unfit Mommy - out

**To all of you who hated me because I never got caught...GO AHEAD, LAUGH!

2 comments:

SC said...

Too funny, I guess the luck of getting off on the rolling stops a few years back couldn't last forever!!!

$57.50 eh... can we assume that's coming out your 'clothes for Mommy' budget!!!

I think Mr. Policeman took it a little far when with the 'unfit mommy' comment.. I mean seriously ... you should have said to him 'sorry, I'm not from around here... 110 is the new 80 in Orleans!'

Loukia said...

More updates please! :)