Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dustin' off the good ol' blog...

Yes, it's been more than 2 months since I've posted anything...I apologize to my 2 faithful readers! (probably zero now because of my lack of posting!) I have a good excuse, I am a new mommy!

As many of you already know, I gave birth to my sweet Gabrièle on May 22nd. She was frank breeched so I had a planned c-section at 1pm. But the little one decided that she wanted out a little earlier than that - I went into labour at 1am...and all I have to say about that is no epidural, no drugs, nada, zilch! They told me there wasn't a single aneastheologists available in the whole god damn *$#!@%$# hospital! So 13 hours of back labour later, they fianally wheeled me in into the operating room and gave me my spinal epidural. I swear it was better than an orgasm!! Once I was all prepped, Rob was able to come in and sit by my side. He looked so cute in his scrubs! The doctor explained to me that I would be bale to feel no pain, just some pressure and some tugging. Whatever doc, N-O-T-H-I-N-G can be as excruciating as those 13 hours of labour, NOTHING!


I'll spare you the details and tell you that at 3:26 pm, little Gabrièle was born healthy weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces and mesuring 20 inches. Here she is only a couple of minutes old!



And here she is now at 2 and a half months. Not sure how much she weighs and mesures now, but on July 23 she weighed 12 pounds and mesured 23 inches.











I love her to death! I am very very blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy baby! And she is so good to mommy too...she's been sleeping through the night since she was a month and a half!!! How lucky am I ?


That's all the time I have for now, but I promise to share stories about her as much as I can.
Mommy - out

2 comments:

Loukia said...

Well, well, well! FINALLY! I am so glad you updated your blog and especially with pics of your little darling girl. She is so precious. We'll have to come visit soon. When do you back to work again? I wonder if we'll be on mat leave at the same time at all? That would be cool! I'm off in December. Anyway good girl for the blog update!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful!

teeth whitening