Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Splendid weekend!

I just had a GREAT weekend! It all started with Rob surprising me...

As some of you know, Rob and I have been talking about getting a new car since last November. With a baby on the way, we thought our Mazda Protégé just wouldn't cut it space wise (with the dog, baby, and baby stuff!) and to be honest , we hated it! So after many discussions, we came to the conclusion that we both really liked the Nissan Murano. Its a sweet ride and has lots more room!! So we started by contacting a dealership in November I guess. To make a LOOOONG story short, after making several calls to the dealership, nothing was happening for months. The interest was too high, there were no rebates, etc. etc., and all this according to Rob. So every month he would say, no deals this month, but for sure next month. So here we were in March and still NOTHING, NO Murano. Meanwhile I was getting pissed impatient and had this gut feeling that our Mazda was about to start needing major work. Its was a 2000, in mint condition, and had low mileage, but still, I had this feeling ;-) So evryday when I would harass Rob he would just say, I promise you will get your Murano before the baby is born. Riiight, whatever!

So just when I was about to give up (or call the dealership myself to freggin' seal the deal) Rob surprised me Friday evening with a brand spankin' new Murano !!! (pics to follow) After work we went over to our friends Denis and Sandra and he had parked the Murano is their garage. So when Denis wanted to show us the mess a busted water pipe had done to his garage I went to check it out. But there was no water, no busted pipe, just a shiny black Murano!! I was sooooooooooooooo excited. Rob had actually bought the car a few weeks back. I NEVER suspected anything, NEVER! I thought it was pretty sweet of him to arrange this little scheme to surprise me :-) Now I find every excuse to drive somewhere, like to the mailbox, ok, maybe not, but I did volunteer to drive to Montréal on Saturday! Thanks Rob, you are the best!

Then after all this drama, Rob and I went over to Sonia and Tony's for a wonderful and delicious dinner. We had a great time and ate like kings. We were joined by Lisa and Marc, Jae and Stéphane, Sara (PC could not make it) and Rebecca. Visit Sara's blog for a picture of us girls. WARNING, I look HUGE!

Saturday was our second and last prenatal class. Learned lots more and at the end of the class all the husbands gave us preggers a long back massage. It was divine! I was checking out the other husbands techniques and Rob was BY FAR the best massager. Especially better than this loser named Ronaldo who was half-assingly massaging his wife's back with one finger!!??? Anyways we were really glad to have taken prenatal classes, our instructor was great! I highly recommend taking these courses, although many first time mothers-to-be know most of the stuff, there is always more to learn.

And then on Sunday I had my baby shower! (pics to follow but you can find a couple on Sara's blog, she is so on-the-ball that one!) It was awesome!!! My mom and Martine did a great job organizing it. The decorations were really nice, the food was delicious, and the cake was beautiful. I was very happy and honoured to see all my friends and family there. Baby and I were VERY VERY spoiled. I can't thank you all enough!!!

So as you can see it was quite the eventful weekend, needless to say that I was dead tired on Monday. So I took the day off from work to sleep and to give my achy back a break!

Now back to reality, I'm at work, in my cubicle, working...blahhhhhhh.

Mommy-to-be - out

1 comment:

Loukia said...

That is so sweet of Rob! I didn't know he did that - I remember you saying you wanted to buy so when I found out today you go it, I didn't think twice about it! How nice of him, OMG! :)