Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Move over Mustang Sally!

Here comes Mustang Daddy!!!

I was on the computer finalizing my will and testament in case I die going to Europe, when Beaver called. (Beaver, for those who don't know, is my brother's nickname) He wanted to stop by for a quick smoke, "Sure" I said. ONE minute later, his girlfriend Caroline calls "We are kinda of in a rush so can you wait outside?". I held my breath and said "Okaaaaay" and hung up a little annoyed because I HATE being rushed but whatever... so as I go to open my front door I see this HOT Mustang (I've always wanted a Mustang but kinda knew that it was a stupid expense and that I would die as I have some speeding and road rage issues). coming up my driveway. And then I look in the driver's seat, and there he is, grinning like a mad man, my Dad! What the *bleep*?!

I didn't know WHAT to say! At first I thought he had rented it or something, or borrowed it from one of his mafia friends, but no, he bought it last Thursday. To top it all off, I saw him all weekend and he never said a word, he had me convinced that he was going to buy a SmartCar to replace his shitty 1987 Jeep Cherokee. He had to SHOW me his ownership papers for me to believe him. Why did I not believe him? Let me tell you why: My Mom!

Everytime my dad would dare say the M word it made her think back to the 70's when hanging motors, oil puddles, and toxic fumes were a far too common thing in their garage. And the fact that a week or so after my dad had his 1969 Mustang he drove into a phone pole. Still insists that he didn't know the car was that powerful....riiiiight. So I'm sure Mom celebrated when my dad finally sold his Mustang when she was prego with Beaver - little did she know...


So I asked her last night "As if you let him buy one?!" All she said was "Well, we needed a car so..." I was dumbfounded, she must be planning an expensive trip or something. I must admit its nice to see my dad this giddy - like a little kid in a candy store. We went for a spin and you could tell he was excited, kinda brought him back to the good ol' days of bellbottoms and perms. The second best part is that my dad told me that when I get back from my trip, that he will show me how to drive it!! GIDDIUP!

Double D - out

2 comments:

SC said...

I am surprised your Dad would let a "Rollin' Stopper" like yourself behind the wheel of his brand new Mustang - he is a brave man, a VERY brave man!!

As Cat said...j'espere ne pas être sur la route lorsque tu vas la conduire! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's going to let you drive it. Maybe now you will stop bugging me !!

I also made arrangements with pops, he's going to call me when your out driving his baby and I will make sure to be in my basement.

Cheers,
Beaver